For those of you who don’t know, Eminence are an Australian orchestra group, dedicated to providing a moving and unique live experience via large scale orchestrations of popular, and mainly geeky scores.
A Night In Fantasia is one Eminence event, dedicated to the recent and past masterpieces used in games. Featuring scores from the Final Fantasy series, Metal Gear solid series, and many many more, the event consists of a 60 piece orchestra and choir. It’s playing Sydney on the 20th and 21st of April, and Melbourne on the 27th. This concert has been planned for quite some time now, it’s no new news, except that just recently the set list of scores to be played has been released.
You can check out the official flash site, or purchase tickets via the Eminence site here. For now though, I present you with the full line up of what’s to be played in April.
SPOILERS (I guess) – If you’re attending or interested in this event and don’t want to know the set list, then don’t read below. Still scroll further down the site for other awesome stories though.
* Final Fantasy XII – Opening Theme (composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto)
* Deltora Quest – Deltora Main Title (composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto)
* Romeo + Juliet – Hisyou (composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto)
* Legend of Mana – Title Theme (composed by Yoko Shimomura)
* Xenosaga Episode I – Gnosis (composed by Yasunori Mitsuda)
* Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater – Main Theme from Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 (composed by Harry Gregson-Williams)
* Super Mario Bros. – Super Mario Bros. theme (composed by Koji Kondo)
* Tekken: Dark Resurrection – Sunrise (composed by Go Shiina)
* Kyou kara Mao – Hero (composed by Go Shiina)
* Final Fantasy VII – Ternai-Divinity I (composed by Nobuo Uematsu)
* Shadow of the Colossus – Revived Power-Battle With the Colossus (composed by Koh Ohtani)
* Shadow of the Colossus – Swift Horse (composed by Koh Ohtani)
* Shadow of the Colossus – Counterattack-Battle With the Colossus (composed by Koh Ohtani)
* World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade – Title Theme
* Tales of Legendia – Requiem (composed by Go Shiina)
* SoulCalibur III – Path of Destiny (composed by Junichi Nakatsuru)
* Tales of Legendia – The Prayers Become Power (composed by Go Shiina)
* Odine Sphere – Odine Sphere (composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto)
* Tales of Legendia – To Deliver the Feelings (composed by Go Shiina)
* Xenosaga Episode I – Zarathustra (composed by Yasunori Mitsuda)
* Xenosaga Episode I – World to be Born (composed by Yasunori Mitsuda)
* The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – Orchestra Piece (composed by Michiru Ooshima)
* Kingdom Hearts II – Fantasia Alla Marcle for Piano, Chorus and Orchestra (composed by Yoko Shimomura)